The School of the Performing Arts at theREP
The School of the Performing Arts at theREP seeks entries for the seventh annual Young Playwright Contest. Contest winners will receive a public reading of their play in theREP’s 2021 Next Act! New Play Summit’s New Voices event, a series of workshops led by a professional playwright, and see their short plays professionally produced on theREP’s stage in August of 2021. Submissions will be evaluated on creativity, dialogue, character development, plot structure, and the inclusion of the line “If only I’d known…”
For information on how to apply to the 2021 Young Playwright Contest:
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 Young Playwright Contest!
- Grace Bombard (Loudonville Christian School), An Artist’s Hand
- Jeremiah Choudhury (Loudonville Christian School), Just a Normal Friday
- Megan Dellenbaugh (Bethlehem Central HS), Almost a Fairytale
- Clare Reilly & Regan Roberts (Guilderland HS), The Deadly Dinner Party
- Maya TerryStein (Shaker High School), Our New Colssus
- Jasmin VanDyke & Jonathan Jordan (Coxsackie-Athens HS), A Series of Unfortunate Ideas
Stay tuned for more information on the New Voices Event, a virtual event featuring readings of these six plays, as a part of the 2020 Next Act! New Play Summit (June 22-25, 2020).