The School of the Performing Arts at theREPThe School of the Performing Arts at theREP seeks entries for the sixth annual Young Playwright Contest. The top ten finalists will receive a public reading of their plays in theREP’s 2020 Next Act! New Play Summit’s New Voices event. Finalists will also have the opportunity to participate in a post-New Voices workshop with a professional playwright. The top five scripts selected from New Voices will be the contest winners. Contest winners will see their short plays professionally produced on theREP’s stage in August 2020. Submissions will be evaluated on creativity, dialogue, character development, plot structure and the inclusion of the line “Then, out of nowhere…” Any scripts that are longer than 10-minutes in length when acted out will not be considered. Submission Guidelines:
- Playwrights must be at least 13 years old and no older than 19 years at the time of submission and must reside within a 90-mile radius of Albany, NY.
- Plays must be no longer than 10 minutes in length, acted out.
- Plays may have no more than 7 characters.
- Submissions must include the line: “Then, out of nowhere…”
- Submission should include the Young Playwrights Application here
- Deadline to submit is Friday, March 27, 2020.