The School of the Performing Arts at Proctors and theREP strives in offering a diverse range of programming for students to partake in. Whether it’s celebrating the achievements of our local high school students in a Tony Awards®-style show, offering students a full day of workshops to hone their craft, or even volunteer during our shows at Proctors, we have something for everyone. View our list below to find the right program for every experience level.
- After School Programs – In a special partnership with Schenectady School District, students from the three middle schools and high school can elect to participate in three different programs that highlight careers in the arts: Acting Academy, Middle School Film Program, TheatreTECH, and Film and Music.
- C.A.S.T – The Cultivating Arts & Students Together (C.A.S.T.) programs at Proctors and theREP pairs youth (grade 9 and up) with volunteers to give them an in-depth and entertaining learning experience.
- High School Musical Theatre Awards – Our annual High School Musical Theatre Awards, fashioned after Broadway’s Tony Awards, celebrates the achievements of the region’s theatre students, highlighting the importance of arts and theatre education.
- High School Theatre Festival – This opportunity allows students to participate in a full-day musical theatre festival by offering opportunities to strengthen, promote, and share artistic skills within an interactive and supportive theatre environment.
- School Partners – Through partnerships with school districts across the region, Proctors and theREP are able to deliver immersive arts programs that reinforce learning, connect to the performing and creative arts and offer a host of career opportunities. Programs are developed in collaboration with teachers in various subject areas, outline clear objectives and evaluation towards measurable goals, while keeping the focus on student learning and interest!
- Young Playwright Contest – Contest winners see their short plays professionally produced on theREP’s stage and receive a series of workshops led by a professional playwright.