Dates: July 6 to 17, 2020 | M – F
9:00 A.M – 4:00 P.M
Location: Universal Preservation Hall – (UPH)
25 Washington Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Rehearsals and Workshops: Students must be available and attend all classes, rehearsals and workshops scheduled.
Limited to 20 students
SHOWCASE: Friday, June 17, 2020 at 4 pm. UPH Main Hall.
Do you play guitar, bass, drums, or keyboard? Are you a singer and want to be in a Rock Band? The School of the Performing Arts is forming its first rock band with ROCK CAMP, for students 10-14 years of age. Bring out the rocker in everyone!
ROCK CAMP will be held at the newly renovated state-of-the-art Universal Preservation Hall – Saratoga’s hottest new music venue. This is a two week, full-day program where young musicians hone their skills, meet other young musicians, and learn from professional instructors as they:
- Form a band with other young musicians
- Write and arrange an original song
- Learn cover versions of popular rock ‘n’ roll songs
- Perform in concert at the UPH Grand Hall.
ROCK CAMP will connect young musicians guiding them in collaboration while developing leadership skills, fostering self-esteem, and encouraging creative expression through music.
If you are unsure whether ROCK CAMP is right for your child/student, please call us. We are happy to talk and help you decide what is best for your child/student.
HOW TO APPLY TO ROCK CAMP:
The application is by electronic submission.
When is submission deadline: May 15, 2020
What do I need to submit?
Students should prepare two separate excerpts from the rock/pop genre of at least 16 bars. The two excerpts should be examples of contrasting styles and tempos within the history of rock and pop music.
How do I submit?
- Please submit your video as an MP4 file format. Any simple recording device, such as an iPhone is acceptable. We just want to be able to see and hear you clearly. You may play along with tracks but we must be able to distinguish you performing live from the prerecorded tracks.
- Please list the name of first song including: style and the name of artist that originally recorded it.
- Please list the name of second song including: style and the name of artist that originally recorded it.
- Submission link is on the application.
- If you play a second instrument and would like to submit for that also please repeat the submission request.
Contact: Steven Yuhasz
Youth Programs Director
518-382-3884 ext. 211
Questions? Call us at 518.382.3884
Registration is also available at 518.382.3884 ext. 139.
Financial Assistance and payment plans available!