Professional theatre for young audiences!
Past and future On-The-Go! Tour Shows
We bring the show to you! A fully realized, portable, professional theatre production that,
- can be performed in any space
- eliminates bus costs, travel time and logistical concerns
- maximizes the effectiveness of arts in education dollars
- provides schools with unlimited attendance
- includes a post-show talkback with the actors
Book 30 days before the beginning of the tour and save $100!
Scholarship money is available. Scholarship Application
Please check with BOCES for funding opportunities.
THE NEW 2017-2018 SEASON OF ON-THE-GO! SCHOOL TOUR PROGRAMS
Shakespeare: The Remix
By Aaron Jafferis & Gihieh Lee
Directed by Margaret E. Hall
Tour Dates: October 23 – November 17, 2017
Cost: $1,100, book 30 days or more in advance and save $100
Move over Hamilton! Aaron Jafferis & Gihieh Lee’s Shakespeare: The Remix, one of theREP’s most beloved touring productions, is heading your way. A hip teenage girl finds herself in a verbal battle with the Bard himself while tackling some of the powerful women in Shakespeare’s lexicon. Students will experience excerpts from Hamlet, Macbeth, Merchant of Venice and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The piece highlights the power of language found in Shakespeare’s works and compares it with that of early hip-hop and slam poetry.
Run time: 45 minutes with a 15-minute post-show Talkback
Curriculum: ELA, Social Skills, Problem Solving, Identity
Recommended for grades 7 and up
Alice in Wonderland
Adapted by Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill & Margaret E. Hall
Tour Dates: March 5 – 29, 2018
Cost: $1,300, book 30 days or more in advance and save $100
Five actors take the stage in this delightfully diverse adaptation of Lewis Caroll’s classic novel. Found objects, puppetry, and a variety of other stage magic transports Alice to a mystical land of wonder where she must make sense of a world that only – ever so slightly – resembles her own. The company, save for Alice, don multiple characters as Alice works her way through Wonderland, and arrives safely back home – though somewhat changed for her time in such a magical realm.
Run time: 50 minutes with a 10-minute post-show Talkback
Curriculum: Literature, Problem Solving, Storytelling
Recommended for grades 1 and up
Your Stage, Your Schedule
On-The-Go! Booking Information
- ON-THE-GO! COST: Each production varies with unlimited student attendance possible. Financial aid available, also contact local BOCES for funding opportunities.
- RESERVATIONS: To schedule a presentation, contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager, at 518•382•3884 x 168
- PAYMENT: A school purchase order or BOCES paperwork is required within one month of making any reservation. Final payment is due for all events by one month prior to performance date.
- RUNNING TIME: 60 minutes which includes a post-show talkback.
For more information, reservations, workshops, backstage tours and other special requests, please contact Aaron Marquise, Arts Education Manager at (518) 382-3884 X128.
In the event of school cancellation, a notification to the Arts Education Manager at theREP is required as early as possible (prior to 6 a.m.) in order for us to notify the actors who may be traveling. We will make every effort to reschedule your performance within the tour schedule. theREP also reserves the right to cancel a performance in the event of severe weather and dangerous travel conditions. The decision to cancel will be made as early as possible and will be communicated to the schools by the Arts Education Manager.
Our On-The-Go! School Tour is sponsored by: