Lights, Camera, and Action…
The “Media Lab” after-school program offers young filmmakers the practical knowledge and technical expertise needed to capitalize on the current digital revolution sweeping the film, video, and media-making communities. This “lab” is an experiential program for youth. More than a film studio, the lab is a learning environment where creativity, individuality and freedom of voice and self-expression are encouraged. Taught by seasoned Filmmaker/Media educational professionals, this program will be a daily after-school program throughout the school year in two, ten-week semesters.
Media Lab is currently offered to all Schenectady City School District students in grades 6–8.
This program will focus on:
– Media literacy including current events and news features
– Story structure, screenwriting, and script format
– Acting and directing
– Staging scenes and video production
– Working with digital video cameras and shooting various scenarios
– Editing video footage
– Programming personal works through OSM – Open Stage Media
For more information and questions please contact (518) 382-3884