Now accepting applications!
The High School Musical Theatre Awards adjudication panel is comprised of qualified professionals in the Capital Region. Qualified adjudicators may not be affiliated in any capacity with a participating high school or be an employee of a participating school district.
Adjudicators must apply and be accepted to participate in the High School Musical Theatre Awards. Adjudicators are selected based on their qualifications and experience in musical theatre, directing, acting, vocal music, performing arts education and related fields.
High School Musical Theatre Awards adjudicator qualifications:
- A degree in a relevant field such as music, theatre, dance, etc.
- And/or extensive work experience in one of those disciplines on a professional or academic basis
- And/or are professional artists or educators with a wide knowledge of the American musical theatre canon
- And/or demonstrated experience in or knowledge of musical theatre
- Adjudicators will be given a stipend for their participation.
- Each will be trained in the adjudication process by Proctors staff.
- All candidates must possess the ability to effectively communicate in writing and evaluate production elements and student performance in a constructive manner.
- All candidates disclose any personal and professional connections to the area, students or schools to avoid any conflicts of interest.
- All adjudication is kept confidential.
- Adjudicators are expected to attend all shows assigned.
- Adjudicators will attend school performances to score award categories.
It is not mandatory to attend the HSMTA final performance on May 13, 2023, but adjudicators are strongly encouraged to attend and celebrate students’ achievements. All adjudicators are given complimentary tickets for the final ceremony.
6 p.m. Wednesday, February 15, 2023
HSMTA school performances adjudication period
February 27 – April 2, 2023
Adjudication scores due
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Monday, April 17, 2023
Callbacks at the MainStage at Proctors
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday, April 22, 2023
Final scores due from callbacks:
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
HSMTA nominations announced:
11 a.m. Friday, April 28, 2023
7 p.m. Saturday, May 13, 2023
For more information about becoming an adjudicator or about the process, please contact the Collaborative School of the Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org.